Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Inside The Actors Book Club.

In college, my roommate and I got our first electric bill, and, long story short, we became Amish.

It’s never entirely smooth with roommates, and in real life, TV roommates Jack Klugman and Tony Randall weren’t on the greatest of terms. But in time, Tony changed Jack for the better.

I grew up watching “The Odd Couple”, which is essentially aired on a loop in New York. Plus my dad’s cousin’s wife was Jack Klugman’s business manager, and speaks very highly of him, so I was very interested in reading this book.

Jack essentially wrote a love-letter to his old friend after Tony passed, in which he talks about Tony showing him what unconditional friendship was all about, helping Jack at age 70 to finally come out of the very guarded shell of his dirt-poor childhood in Philadelphia.

It’s a really quick read (only took only me eight elliptical sessions), but so sweet and reaffirming. Borrow it anytime.