Wednesday, August 1, 2018

My Soap Opera Shoot.

What’s the most meaningful connection I’ve had in my life? Wifi, on a flight to Philadelphia.

That’s when I found out I booked the role on “The Bold and the Beautiful”, and then scrounged to find the first flight back to LA. Vacation canceled.

I’ve learned that when destiny calls, answer. And the next morning, I was on set, shooting my scenes, and loving the only thing better than a vacation: a role on TV.

Everything about it was what makes this business great: cool wardrobe, incredibly nice cast and crew, and a fully-loaded dressing room. (The room’s number is 31K, named after Danny Kaye. It was his dressing room during his variety show in the early 60s.)

In The Third Door, the book I’m currently reading, entrepreneur Elliot Bisnow cautions against pursuing your “dream” or your “passion”. These terms are vague and trite. Instead, pursue what makes you excited – and nothing is more exciting for me than being on set. I get to do it all over again for my pilot next week. It’s a good summer.