Thursday, May 3, 2018

My Very First Painting.

Until recently, I’ve been more of an abstract sandwich artist.

But in this new renaissance period of my life, after teaching myself to cook, I wanted a new challenge. So I started teaching myself to paint.

Cut back to my first time in LA. I’d always wanted to live out here, and then my big brother just happened to move from New York to Manhattan Beach. My friend Marc and I came out to visit him, and the second we arrived at his apartment, we dropped our bags and walked down the strand. It felt entirely LA.

We reached the pier in Manhattan Beach. It was sunny, there were surfers, it was perfect. This was home. This painting has been in my head ever since.

Now, I get to live right down the street from this view. Even better, it hangs on my wall. Inside the actor’s artist’s studio.