Monday, September 11, 2017

Dinner And A Mezzo Forte.

I hate when people decide to come over and I have to put my pants back on.

That’s why I go out a lot. Three times this past weekend. Restaurants come and go. (We all have that friend who insists on reminding us that two-thirds of restaurants fail within the first year. Don’t be that guy.) But Bandera is an exception. They figured out a few simple things: put a cool bar in the center of the place, serve strong choices (they’re owned by Hillstone, so it’s essentially a higher-end Houston’s) and cultivate a cool atmosphere – in this case, with a jazz trio.

For 20 years, Bandera has been packed every single night, with a 40-minute wait. That’s rare.

Bandera macho salad (made with rotisserie chicken) and French dip. Both phenomenal.

On the other end of the spectrum, while watching the Jets at Sharkeez, I won dinner for two. I’ll be treating some lucky date to free bar food very soon. You’re welcome, baby.