Monday, December 30, 2013

Day 10: What The Hell Is Wrong With You, New York?

As I’ve gotten older, my answer to any problem, more and more, is “burn it down.”

This now includes MetLife Stadium. Home of my Jets. I’d never been to the new place, which the Jets share with the painfully boring Giants, but the Jets were out of town, and the best I could do was Redskins/Giants. Pretty nifty seats, huh? They’re $500 each, but the tickets were given to my little brother, so they were free. Well, free plus 600 bucks.

You see, as I can’t mention enough, New York gets more inches of rain each year than Seattle. It never stops. And it never stopped during the frigid temps yesterday, so I kept my iPhone tucked inside my jacket. (I’d planned on doing an iPhone photo gallery of MetLife, but it didn’t really offer anything of interest. It’s a huge, new stadium, and will host the Super Bowl in a month. End of pizazz.)

It slipped my mind that my phone was in my coat when I stood up at halftime, and it fell into a puddle and immediately went on the fritz. For ten hours, I couldn’t work the home button. And now, the screen is waterlogged and my camera lens is misted up. It was a goddam bitch just downloading the pic I used for today’s entry. I may have to bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

I don’t care if this shithole city is soaking wet. Burn it down.