Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving, Part II.

If you want to support yourself these days, you gotta get creative. I invested my money in a company that dismantles bank signs. I’m doing quite well.

And I got to rub elbows with my fellow fancy types at my friend Duncan’s annual “Gobbler,” the day after Thanksgiving party at his parent’s swanky home in Santa Monica.

I always look forward to hanging with the one-percenters, chowing down on the spread provided by a fabulous food truck parked in their driveway, and catching up with Duncan, a really successful movie CGI expert who works for George Lucas’ company ILM, creating scenes for all of the Transformer and Pirates of the Caribbean films. (One of which was running during the party.) Lately, he’s been in a harness hanging off the 75th story of the Chrysler Building, snapping shots of Manhattan for the Iron Man flying scenes in next summer’s The Avengers.

Truth be told, I’m not quite that well-off yet, but I’m working on it. In the meantime, it was nice mingling with folks who wear dinner jackets and sip Boujalais, as opposed to everyone else, who spent their Black Friday bidding on a bag of bras on eBay.