Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Rule.

I don't have a good head for numbers. Hats is more its thing.

But I do recognize quality sitcoms when I see them (I currently DVR thirteen of them), and it was with wishful thinking that I recommended watching “Mr. Sunshine” six months before it aired. The show has turned out to be really funny.

I often make the mistake of quitting on a show if I don’t like the pilot, but a few times I’ve stuck with one and it eventually win me over. I'm not saying the “Mr. Sunshine” pilot was bad – it was actually very good – but the two episodes that succeeded it have been even better. I love the show.

Pilots are no reflection of the true quality of shows, so the new rule is this: a two-episode minimum. It'll keep you from missing out on some really good TV, give a worthy show good ratings, kill off horrendous reality shows and create jobs for actors like me, etc., etc.

Anyone violating said rule will be ground up into a rough paste. Crime should have consequences, people.