Monday, June 22, 2009

Festivus, Part XX.

Until now, I thought the only thing “international” about New Jersey was the IHOP on Bergen Street in Newark (ask for the No-Shooting Section.)

So, The New Jersey International Film Festival makes it 20 fests so far. Hate to pat myself on the back – a phrase always followed by a pat on the back – but I meet more and more filmmakers whose films haven’t gotten into one festival, let alone 20. So I’m way proud.

Or at least I was proud until I read in New York Magazine that a nine-year-old prodigy director had gotten her film into The New Jersey International Film Festival. Dammit.

But wait – this just in: Ted the Director, who’s going to represent us at the fest, was notified that we’re definitely going to win an award at the closing ceremonies. So take that, ya brat.